Liriodendron

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Am I a tree?

My wife did something pretty evil today. I'm so proud of her. I never expected she would do anything like this, especially to mess with a bunch of three-year-olds and their teachers. It makes me laugh just to think about it, and I'm really disappointed that I couldn't be there to see their faces. My son's daycare class had an Easter egg hunt this afternoon. Parents were supposed to bring in a number of plastic eggs filled with candy. Well, Meredith came home with what she told me were gummy bears, jelly beans, and Skittles. However, as we were filling the eggs this morning, I realized, "Hey, these aren't regular Skittles." They were the sour ones. I gave Zach a few about six months ago, and that was a moment when I wished for a camera. Now imagine the faces of 16 three-year-old boys and girls screwing up from sour Skittles...something they've likely never had in their young lives. I love my wife. I hope Zach has something to say about what she did. I'm sure if he does, it'll be cute.

The relocation is still proceeding. We didn't finish this weekend. You know, I've learned that I like to move, but I really dislike moving. Next time we're selling everything and starting over (not exactly true, but a guy can hope). I really like to familiarize myself with new places. By now, I've got quite the atlas in my head, and I've got no intentions of slowing or stopping. I am a traveller by nature--a nomad, some might say, or sans roots. I am not a tree (even though many have compared me to the ent, Treebeard from The Lord of the Rings). I am a wanderer.

Damn, I started on a tangent and have to go now. More on the move later. For now, I have to take my 'bye.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Have fun, nomad. I'll send you a few thoughts from Tupelo Country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home